There are some simple rules to follow when washing your Endura garments, to ensure a long life for the garment and that they are cleaned effectively without damaging their technical properties.
- After use, do not leave the garment rolled up in a wet state, as this will encourage bacteria and mould, membrane delamination and/or colour migration.
- Always follow the washing instructions on the garment label, if these cannot be found, then you can contact CS@endura.co.uk
- All garments that can be machine washed are tested to 40ºC, but we recommend washing at 30ºC to reduce energy consumption and the impact on the environment.
- Always wash dark colours separately.
- Do not use fabric conditioner as this will damage the adhesion of seam tapes on waterproof fabrics and can also damage DWR (Durable Water Repellency) coatings.
- Do not tumble dry. Instead, drip dry naturally but avoid drying in direct strong sunlight.
- Do not dry clean.
To reactivate the DWR (Durable Water Repellency) on waterproof garments, use a cool iron setting, if that is permitted on the care label. Garments can also be reproofed using waterproofing agents such as Nikwax or Granger’s. Always follow the application instructions. The garment should be clean and dry before starting this process. Be sure to avoid areas that are not made of fabric (eg. buttons and zippers) and stand well back to avoid inhaling chemicals. Also be aware that these products may be flammable.